Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

A first post

Thoughts of an Epsom pumpkin grower on retirement from less important activities.

It has not been a good year for pumpkins, at least not for me. Only managed two fifty pounders - and put to shame by the Square and Compass at Worth Maltravers where the village competition stumped up dozens of the the things. They also gave me the idea of naming them - a practise I shall start next year. What would be a suitable paint? Something that is not going to crack as the pumpkin grows.

But I did get quite a lot of small ones - two to three inches across - which bake well with a bit of butter and cheese inside.

Got to work on germination which I am bad at presently - with the result that I get too few plants out too late in the season.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?