Tuesday, February 16, 2010

 

Dream time

Almost a nightmare. I seemed to be around 40 years old having managed without having to go to any proper sort of paid work in all that time. No gainful employment. But for some unexplained reason all this was coming to an end. Then I remembered that I had a few quid in the building society. Could I eke it out for the next twenty five years until my state pension kicked in? Could I maintain the lifestyle to which I had become accustomed on £10,000 a year? Could I send the BH back out to work? Bad plan as she might think that that left me being the house husband. Have to learn how to turn the vacuum cleaner on. Maybe even the washing machine. Getting very worried indeed. Wake up to remember that I am already in receipt of a pension and there is no need to go to work at all. Ever again. What a relief.

So by the time I had whacked back a couple of Waitrose cabanos (without cheese) with some thinly sliced stale white bread and washed it all down with a few mugs of oolong I was fully restored.

Oolong certainly working better now that I have remembered the instructions from the Chinese doctor lady from whom I bought the stuff - Sea Dyke Fujian in sturdy foil in a red box. Use the same pinch of tea leaves over and over. Maybe change the pinch every two or three days. This way you don't get such a caffeine hit - something which does not really agree with me.

And, for once in a while, Chrome crashed earlier this morning. But it got itself back up again within around 10 seconds, with no ill-effects apparent.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?