Wednesday, October 20, 2010

 

A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words

The fact that I once spent many hours drawings tea pots and flower pots as a boy does not seem to mean than I can knock off a recognisable sketch of a measuring jug now. At least not without working at it and particularly if I think that I can do it in biro rather than with pencil and eraser. The idea was to draw two near identical measuring jugs, one from Mr. Sainsbury at 50p and one from Mr. Dyas at 350p. In the event I had enough trouble drawing one, never mind two that looked as if they were much the same thing. So I settled for one with side illustrations of the point at issue. Which is that the closed handle on the Dyas jug resulted in a much prettier object than the open handle on the Sainsbury object - which last also looked much bigger despite, apart from the handle, its being of more or less the same size. So for me anyway, the Dyas object worth its extra pennies. It is in view for a good portion of the day. Furthermore, it may well be that the measuring marks will last rather longer, being printed in a more serious looking way. Measuring jugs without measuring marks not as useful as those with - although I have to admit that while I make much use of the things, it is not usually for measuring. Just a light and handy jug.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?