Friday, September 28, 2012

 

Banker blues

This morning was an HSBC morning.

First call, our local branch. Yet sir, three bags full sir. Would sir like to take a seat and a colleague will be with you shortly. Ten minutes of sitting in the sun (for some reason I really suffer if I have to sit in the sun behind glass) to irritating hold music without further action was enough and I was off.

Second call, the call center. I got through to a person after another ten minutes of 'click 4 now if you want a dog license' and still more irritating hold music. Unfortunately the line was bad and the accent of the person was thick. Presumably my accent was just as thick to her. After a while through to another person without accent and I was able to start my business. At the end of all of which I had told one computer and two persons my account number and sort code.

Maybe one day some marketing wonk will spot a business opportunity in people like me who would be more than happy to pay some bank charges in return for some decent service. I bet there are plenty of us. In the meantime, I do not suppose for one moment that any of the other high street banks would have been any better.

Comments:
Subsequent visits to HSBC much better. Much less sitting around and much more polite attention.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?