Friday, September 21, 2012

 

Bug alert!

From time to time I have recorded the appearance of what look like small dead flies floating on the surface of our lentil soup. Perhaps something which hatches if the lentils have been stored too long. Happily the dead flies have been absent for some months, but I am sorry to report today that they have reappeared. Not in large numbers, but reappeared nonetheless.

We had become rather relaxed, with the result that I am unable to say from where these particular lentils were bought, or when. Most likely Sainsbury's, but I cannot be sure.

I do know that the last time I made a serious effort to complain about dead flies, it was the Tesco at Leatherhead, where, despite the complaint being logged by a very nice young customer service support officer, nothing ever happened and by the time I checked back with them all trace of this particular incident had vanished from the log, at least that part of the log which was visible from the customer service station.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?